CBD, or cannabidiol, is the second-most abundant cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. It has been gaining praise for its therapeutic effects and non-psychoactive nature. CBD is proving itself to be a great natural remedy and alternative for those suffering from chronic pain, debilitating anxiety and many other health-related issues.
CBD comes in many forms including oils, tinctures, creams, capsules, edibles, and vapes. These products include dosage amounts that can be found on the labels, typically measured in Milligrams (MG).
Although you cannot overdose on CBD, it is very important to take the correct dosage to receive the best optimal health effects. Dosage amounts can vary in different products and brands and should always be considered when choosing the right CBD product.
Unlike the majority of pharmaceuticals, CBD does not have adverse effects on your body’s organs. The cannabinoid works in alliance with your body and its Endocannabinoid system (ECS).
25-40 mgs per day is an ideal starting point for the average adult seeking the therapeutic benefits from CBD. This intake of CBD can improve overall health, relieve stress, mild pain, and lessen symptoms of anxiety. Note that the amount may vary according to the consumers height weight, and age.
A rule of thumb is to start small, and gradually build up doses as you get more comfortable with the effects of CBD. Consider consulting your doctor or physician if you have any questions or concerns.
It is important to note the difference between low and high doses of CBD. At higher doses, CBD successfully treats serious conditions like schizophrenia, dementia, diabetes, and cancer. At lower doses, CBD is effective in treating common everyday issues such as stress, anxiety, mild pain and inflammation.
According to neuroscientist Nick Jikomes, there are different conditions for which dosages are effective (or ineffective). This is likely because CBD is binding to several different receptors throughout the body. At a lower dose, the compound will hit the receptors it has the highest affinity for. And at higher doses, those receptors can become saturated, causing what’s left of the CBD taken to interact with other receptor systems.
In addition to these benefits, the cannabinoid CBD contains neuro-protective antioxidants known to improve common skin conditions such as acne. This means that CBD can also serve as a viable face wash. The effects of CBD on the skin can be adequately compared to those seen from Vitamins C and E.
CBD dosage will differ for each individuals, and it is recommended that consumers research what willl work best for them. Although medical professionals can recommend a certain dose, the effects of CBD can differ based on a persons age, height, weight, among other factors.
Here is a generalized overview of CBD doses based on the form of administration. Remember that there are various ways to take CBD, and dose amount should be considered. Here are some dosing recommendations based on customer experience:
Health & Wellness
- CBD Capsule: Take 1-2 capsules daily to support your metabolism, digestion, mood, anxiety and cognitive support. 30 mg per capsule
- CBD Oil: Great for improving your cardiovascular system and blood circulation, measure 1 TSP onto a spoon and take 1-2 times daily
- CBD Tincture: Among other things, tinctures can provide women with support for symptoms of endometriosis, helps relieve breast pain and hot flashes, and nourishes your skin and nails. Take 1-2 drops per 10 pounds body weight daily
- CBD Vape Pen: Good for relaxation, nausea, anxiety, and more. Take occasionally as needed.
- CBD Salve: Good for arthritis, joint pain, chronic pain, and inflammation. Apply directly to affected area as needed.
- CBD Concentrate: This is exceptionally beneficial for those suffering from epilepsy and seizures. Press suggested serving size onto the tip of your finger and place under tongue
- Anti-aging CBD moisturizer: Apply a small amount to clean, dry skin every morning and evening.
- CBD Facial Cleanser: This is good for dry, irritated, oily or acne-prone skin. Apply a small amount to fingers and massage onto face in a circular motion for 30 seconds each morning and night
New to CBD? Use this as a general guideline:
- Start small and build based on your body and symptoms’ reaction.
- Dosage information is often provided on packaging to help and guide individuals using CBD.
- At higher doses, CBD has proven successful in more serious conditions like schizophrenia and epilepsy.
- At lower doses, CBD has proven successful in more common conditions like anxiety, stress, and joint pain.
- People interested in CBD products may want to consider experimenting with different routes of administration to see what works best for them.
Daintri is an online retailer that curates high quality CBD products that meet stringent levels of superiority and safety. Daintri takes the difficulty out of finding the right CBD product for your needs by curating the best products on the market. Made from pure and potent CBD sourced from premier hemp producers, these products are specially created to deliver the best possible health effects.