I’m super healthy, can CBD still help me?
If you perceive yourself to be the self-proclaimed wellness enthusiast that all of the health magazines are saying you are, you may be asking yourself, “Will CBD even help me?”
It’s a fair question, and one we can personally attest to. As a team dedicated to healthy eating, daily exercise and regular meditation sessions, we definitely view ourselves as overall healthy beings – in physical, mental, emotional and spiritual stamina – yet we are always looking for ways to enhance our wellbeing.
So it makes sense we all love CBD, the fascinatingly therapeutic cannabinoid in which consumers far and wide are taking to improve their overall health and wellbeing, incorporating into their daily routines to ease their pain, anxiety, inflammation, addiction, symptoms of depression, seizures and a laundry list of ailments more.
The question still stands, then:
Can CBD help me if nothing is wrong?
The answer is yes. CBD can only help you, no matter who is taking it and what they are taking it for. The compound works (like magic, really) by interacting with the human Endocannabinoid System (ECS), which is responsible for promoting and maintaining homeostasis within the body.
The ECS regulates everything in our bodies from sleep, mood, memory and learning to digestion, immune function, neural development and metabolism. This is the reason CBD is able to help so many differing causes and symptoms that we experience daily.
Even if you are in the best shape of your life, have no physical ailments and live a generally low-stress life, you can still benefit from CBD.
Because you are a health superstar, though, you might not feel the effects from CBD come on as strongly as your anxious friend. Taking CBD for anxiety or anxiousness, for example, that person will most likely feel the compound’s calming and relaxing effects within minutes of taking it, whereas someone who isn’t experiencing any sort of pain or worry (you healthy dog, you) may not feel as strong of an effect, or even an effect at all. But that doesn’t mean that it isn’t working. It just means your body is in great health, and CBD is working as a preventative measure rather than fixing an issue.
Read on to see how CBD can benefit the ultra health conscious.
10 ways CBD can benefit healthy people
The coolest thing about CBD is that it can help with literally anything as it pertains to common aches and pains of everyday life. From acne to mood disorders to upping your workout stamina, taking CBD for preventative measures is all the rage right now (and may be forever).
- Sleep: People have been taking (or rather, smoking) cannabis for years and years as a means to get a good night’s rest. People are replacing weed (the stuff laden with THC, the cannabinoid that gets people high) with CBD, noting slipping 2-3 drops underneath their tongues or taking a few puffs from their CBD vape pens to be just as effective as weed, also providing them with additional benefits as they slumber including taming inflammation and resetting their digestive systems.
- Skincare: Odds are, you’ve got pretty skin considering leading an optimally healthy lifestyle (aka drinking loads of water, eating organic and never missing a spin or yoga class) usually equates to clear skin. However, just because you’re a health fanatic doesn’t mean you’re protected from breakouts, rashes or wrinkles. CBD-infused skincare products are seriously the best. They come in cleansers, scrubs, moisturizers, lip balms and more, and are said to be extremely effective in maintaining that healthy, flawless skin everyone wants. CBD for skincare is privy to be the next big thing in wellness. You would be doing yourself a favor by trying it out.
- Anxiety & Stress: Even if you aren’t the type of person to get worked up about things or you lead an amazing life where stress rarely lurks, (lucky) feelings of anxiety and stress are bound to happen to anyone. For times when those unexpected feelings of angst or worry come on, you can be prepared to handle the symptoms with CBD. A lot of people love CBD oil, stating it gets into their bloodstreams the fastest when they feel anxiety coming on. Others prefer vapes, reporting focusing on their breathing helps. And other individuals take CBD capsules, typically as an everyday wellness supplement, as CBD in pill form is a slower, more gradual way of keeping feelings of anxiety and stress at bay.
- Pain/Inflammation: Whether it’s joint pain from running, gut inflammation from eating something spicy, or migraine pain, even the healthiest of people experience some sort of pain and inflammation from time to time. Because CBD is most famously known for being a powerful anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant, people experiencing both chronic and mild pain/inflammation have complimented CBD for being a life-changing medication. If it’s back, shoulder or joint pain you’re experiencing, you can go straight to the source with CBD cream, which targets the inflamed area directly. If it’s internal inflammation you’re experiencing, ingesting CBD could work, and so could rubbing CBD lotion on your abdomen. The cannabinoid works from the inside out, as well as the outside in. We told you it’s magic!
- Energy: Coffee not doing the trick when you need it to? Replace your morning cup of Joe with CBD. Or better yet, stir it in with your coffee to create a heightened sense of awareness and focus, sans the jitters. CBD lattes have been popping up in various cafes across the U.S., but you can very well make your own. Here’s a guide on how to make a CBD latte that is delicious, nutritious, and filled with the healing benefits you deserve.
- Travel: If you get nervous to fly or experience motion sickness in the car, in the air or any other form of transportation, CBD could be your (nauseating) saving grace. CBD contains anti-nauseating properties, making it ideal for those with sensitive stomachs or digestive issues, and thus, ideal for travelers on the go. You already know CBD helps with anxiety, which is a common symptom for people jetting off to new places. CBD for travel is definitely worth looking into, whether you are a globetrotter or just need it for your weekend Uber rides.
- Cooking: Did you know people are now cooking with CBD? You do now. Chefs are even boasting about infusing CBD into their restaurant menus. Using a water-soluble CBD oil is your best bet when incorporating the component into your gourmet kale and quinoa dishes, veggie stir-frys or vegan cookie batter. Cooking with CBD is an excellent way to reap the health benefits of the cannabinoid if vaping or taking CBD oil on its own isn’t your thing.
- Headaches: Headaches aren’t just painful. They’re downright frustrating to deal with when they just won’t subside. Whether you’re experiencing a dehydration headache, a stress headache or migraine, CBD for pain in this regard is an amazing, natural way to ease that pounding in your head, and is so much safer (and more effective) than popping an Advil or 3. If you feel one coming on, rub some CBD on your temples, wait 10-15 minutes – and – headache begone. Trust us. It works.
- Menstrual Cramps: This one is exclusive to the ladies. Although sometimes we feel like men could certainly benefit from some menstrual mood relief. Are we right? On a serious note, women have been witnessing amazing things happen when they take CBD right before or during their periods. From painful cramps significantly subsiding to moods being noticeably uplifted, CBD is a godsend for women who experience painful periods. Again, the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD combined with its natural relaxation capabilities explains why the cannabinoid is extremely useful here.
- Gut Health: If you’re in tip top health shape, you probably equate yourself, and the knowledge you’ve acquired, to that of real life wellness gurus. And any wellness expert knows the root problem (and solution) with so many things lies within our guts. When our gut is inflamed, we can feel sick, anxious, mad, self-conscious, depressed, nauseated, you name it. Well, as health fanatics know the secrets to keeping your gut – and in turn – your mind and your body – happy and healthy, they may also tout CBD as the best supplement for preventing and fixing digestive issues responsible for triggering so many unwanted feelings and symptoms that come from inflammation. In addition to staying on track with eating right and consistently exercising your mind and body, taking CBD only enhances your digestive health, getting ahead of a potential issue before it has the chance to exist. CBD benefits your digestive system in many ways, keeping your internal core stable so you can be high-functioning in every other area of your life.
CBD can help anyone, no matter the current standing of their health. CBD has proven on numerous accounts to help individuals successfully manage their symptoms of pain, anxiety, depression, stress, inflammation, and more.
CBD’s health potential truly is amazing, and is looking to be the biggest breakthrough the natural medicine world has ever seen. If you are thinking about taking CBD but aren’t sure where to start, consult with your doctor to see what he/she recommends.
Takeaway CBD reminders: CBD is 100 percent safe to consume or ingest. It is non-psychoactive meaning it will not get you high, and it can only help – never hurt – anyone who is experimenting with it.
Daintri is one of the most trusted online retailers of CBD products. It carefully selects only products made by responsible producers from top-quality ingredients sourced from reputable hemp farms in the United States and Europe.